Sentinel Water engineers have extensive experience and specialist knowledge in all aspects of water management and are fully qualified to complete any work required to ensure full compliance with current legislation.
"a suitable and sufficient assessment is required to identify and assess the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria from work activities and water systems."
from Health & Safety Executive L8 - Legionnaire's Disease: the control of legionella bacteria in water systems, approved code of conduct
"there is a statutory duty to control the risk of exposure to legionella in water systems."
from The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
In order to comply with their legal duties and avoid both personal and corporate prosecution, employers and those responsible for the premises must assess and manage the risks from legionella.
- identify and access sources of risk
- prepare a scheme for preventing or controlling the risk
- implement, manage and monitor precautions
- keep records of the precautions implemented
- appoint a person to be managerially responsible